Every Wednesday & Thursday, there is a topic covered in internet marketing basics. This series is aimed to address the basic building blocks of internet business, the very foundations on which your business would prosper.The articles in this series are for people who have just started or willing to start. Let us sharpen the basic concepts together.
You are welcome and in fact encouraged to ask the questions and make comments. Your queries would be replied with full
If you want to look professional in online business world, your website should look professional and appealing. It might look a very complex task in the beginning but as you gather the basics, you would find that the task is much easier than you think.
It is important that your web site looks professional and well done.
Sidenote: With WordPress and professional themes around the websites can be built in a flash. But a basic idea how a website should look would help you to select good themes for your site too.
Do on thing find some websites in your niche and browse them. See what you like and what makes you run away.
Take a special note of the professional websites (those with a big name and following) are doing.
Here are few other important points that you must take into account while planning your website design.
- Keep page size as small as possible. This can be achieved by using smaller and minimum graphic files i.e. using a small logo, and images only if absolutely necessary.
- Maintain Consistency throughout the site. Keep the same font throughout. Your website should bear same or similar look throughout the page and every page. Different colored background for every page is kind of unprofessional.
- Be Generous With White Space. Do not clutter or congest your page.
- Format your page well. Leave a reasonable amount of margins on each side and center your text. Use line breaks and paragraphs! People scan the web pages rather than reading, therefore splitting your text into paragraphs would let your visitor to absorb more with less effort!
- Don’t use cute fonts, background and graphics.
- Do not use fancy animations or effects. Your page should look sincere, straightforward and easy to navigate.
Before you publish your page, you should see how does your page actually look in the the web browser. You should at least see your page in internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Mozilla Firefox.